[NTLK] Probolem with Dashboard

From: Sacha Zemp (sacha_at_my-home.li)
Date: Mon Oct 18 2004 - 13:55:46 PDT

Hello fellow Newtonians

I have recently downloaded dashboard from fivespeed software.
But it seems that one application/extions/whatever is causing problems with
dashboard.

I tried to freeze all my apps/extions (basically any icon I see in the
drawer) but I have still the same problem. Only when the card is not fitted
in, then dashboard works.

So my question is: Is there a tool the allows me to find 'hidden' packages,
or orphan soups or preferences or do I need to delete apps/packages in order
to solve the problem?

BTW: A few days ago in london there was a small deomonstration by some
people calling themselve dandys. You know old fashioned suits, hats and very
cultivated and polite. With our newtons against all this hightech gear
around, I found that we all are in a way some computer dandys as well.

BTW2: Victor, great work with the database, and of course the capital of
switzerland, Berne is totally correct. Would not expect anything less...
:-))

If anyone can help, please do not hesitate to do so....

Greetings and thanks from Switzerland
Sacha

P.S: Am I the only swiss on the list? Schwyzer zeiget eu...