[NTLK] A Newton-esque IP phone

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Oct 20 2004 - 16:39:36 PDT

Hey folks...
Remember one of my posts where I said that a company
was using a Siemens phone as a base unit with a Newton
2000 as the main phone part?

Well, I was just reading some of my industry
magazines, and found the Siemens Optipoint 410 IP
phone in Infoworld, 9/20/04..
I had to take a double take...if you remove the phone
dialer pad, this thing looks almost exactly like the
phone I saw back in 1999...
Here is a link for you:
http://tinyurl.com/6wbej
It's nice to see that Siemens didn't just throw away
the technology completly when Apple abandoned the
Newton technology...
Here is a PDF on the same thing with better pictures:
http://www.siemens-sbcs.com.cn/_notes/Product_optipoint_eng.pdf
Here is a shorter URL incase the line breaks...

Check it out...this is what the Newton COULD have
become...I saw this in the Newton format and it
worked...it's nice to see what could have been.
Ed
web/gadget guru

=====
"A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for lunch. Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the decision."
 - Benjamin Franklin