Re: [NTLK] Newton pics

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Oct 21 2004 - 08:46:32 PDT

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 07:05:36 -0700 (PDT), Blake Patterson
<blakespot_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> http://www.rei.com/online/store/ProductDisplay?storeId=8000&catalogId=40000008000&productId=47833128&parent_category_rn=4501696&vcat=REI_SEARCH21 Oct 2004 08:46:33 -0700 (PDT)

Hey that's a nice bag!
It's similar to my Nikko Bag I picked up in Hong Kong in '99 when I
was out there visiting my wife's grandmother.

Let me describe my (Newton) Nikko Bag. Please excuse the LONG WriteUp.
Primary reason is also to ask if anyone has one of these bags or seen
one. I'd like to get a second spare bag and it's been imppossible to
find one. If anyone is intersted in a picture layout of this bag drop
me a msg.

Carrying features: (It has three ways to be carried.)
1) Handle Strap - located on the top at the back of the bag for your
hands to hold onto.

2) Fanny Pack Straps (these straps are neatly stored tucked in a back
compartment which are zippered at either end (left/right) of the bag.
You open the zippers up and pullout the straps. They are adjustable
and have connect with a interlocking plastic buckle. Similar to the
ones used on backpack just bigger.

3) Shoulder Strap - There are 'D' Rings at either end (left/right) of
the bag where they clip onto. It's adjustable an I've got to find it
in my basement.

Storage Compartments:
Main Comparment - This large space is wide enough to hold a Newton and
the Keyboard. It is Front/Back/Bottom walls are padded well. In the
inside there are three Velcro Strips - One along the width of the
bottom, and two along the top width of the (front/back) walls. These
are used to secure a Divider Pad (3.5"x5.5"; width x height) which I
use to seperate the Newton from the Keyboard. It is advisable to use
additional cushioning on the keyboard to prevent scuffing to the
Newton. I carry the Newton normally without flip cover. (as mine is
broken)

Front Flap - Located in front it has a zipper along the top to store
things in. If you flip it up the inside of the flap is a mess
material. The flap is secured closed by to medium back buckles.

Pouch - Located underneath the Front Flap is the inside Pouch. It has
two messed slots side by side. (5"x4"; width x height) on the right
side there is a strap with a 'D' ring to clip keys to.

Zipper Pouch - This is part of the front wall of the Pouch previously
described. It has a zipper running along the top of the entire width.

Side Compartments - along both side walls there are pockets. The right
side has a pocket large enough to accomodate a cell phone. The left
pockets are actually three silos which can accomodate pens and such
sixed items.

Yes this back is a durable bag for sure and it is well suited for the
person on the go with their Newton - but of course not in the business
world.

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung