Re: [NTLK] More Newton media coverage

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Thu Oct 21 2004 - 09:43:23 PDT

On Oct 21, 2004, at 8:11 AM, Michael Blazer wrote:

> Quoting Albert Muniz <amuniz_at_depaul.edu>:
>
> [snip]
>> Here is the truly odd part. The day after the interview, one of the
>> art
>> directors for the magazine called and asked if I could FedEx them one
>> of
>> my Newtons so that they could photograph it for the story. Apparently,
>> they could not find a good image of a Newton online. So, my trusty
>> 2100
>> got a first-class trip to New York to be photographed for a magazine
>> spread. I suspect that this vicarious version will be the closest I
>> ever
>> get to having ~that~ experience myself.
> [snip]
>
> That *is* odd. There are lots of good Newton pics online. Maybe they
> really just wanted
> to touch it and play with it. After all, you can't understand the
> Newton mystique by
> looking at a picture of one!
> --
I agree, but I would have insisted on chaperoning my little green
buddy, and demonstrating of course... My wife (then girlfriend) used
to get a laugh out of how I would stop by the Newton booth at macworld
and demonstrate the Newton to passers by... Even the Apple people were
often surprised by what they saw.

Of course she had to drag me off...

marty