[NTLK] Modem-to-modem Connection Help!

From: Huxley Dunsany (huckdunsany_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Oct 21 2004 - 20:44:15 PDT

Help! My Newton 2100 arrived today, and it's working beautifully, but I
don't yet have a serial dongle, so I'm trying to find alternate ways of
installing .pkg's on it. I'm trying to set up a modem-to-modem connection
between NCU on my iBook and the Newton. The Newton's modem is a U.S.
Robotics Sportster 28.8 PCMCIA card. I've followed all the steps, but I'm
unable to get any results. When I hit 'connect' on the Newton, it either
gives me a "-10059" error, or just tries to connect for several minutes and
then gives up. I'm using both Zterm and Kermit on the iBook.

Any tips or tricks I should know about? It's killing me to be this close,
and yet still so far away!

Thanks,
Huxley