[NTLK] [Q] Newton Press: How to install on Mac OS X for Classic?

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Sun Oct 24 2004 - 05:25:01 PDT

Dear all,

I'm making tiny steps on moving from my Win98-PC to my neato Powerbook.
I've finally rigged the network printer here to work with it and wrestled
some other OS X issues, but now everything works swell, and it's time to
look at what apps I need.
   So what I'd like to do first is to Newton Press for MacOS. Got some
books to finish up... I know it'll only run in Classic, but it'll run, right?

So I try to install it from the install kit at UNNA, and the setup
processes everything in the folder called Disk 1.
   Then it wants Disk 2, which is in the same directory as Disk 1, but the
installer doesn't know this, and there's no way to show that folder to it.
So the install, uh, *stalls*.

How can I get it going properly? All pointers welcome!

Cheers,

That ole 'Kasko

P.S.: What other Mac OS9.x or OS X-stuff are must-haves for Newtonians?