Re: [NTLK] [Q] Newton Press: How to install on Mac OS X for Classic?

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Mon Oct 25 2004 - 20:54:57 PDT

On Oct 25, 2004, at 8:34 PM, Bill Miranda wrote:

> I don't presume to know what I'm talking about but I did install both
> Newton Press and NCU on my 12" Powerbook running Panther and I didn't
> do any complicated install. I just ran the install program and it
> worked. Downloaded the files right off UNNA too. Go figure.
This might have something to do with whether or not you have your
classic extensions disabled from the classic control panel?

Dunno, don't have any mac's too new to boot OS9 :~)

I wonder if we could use the OSX package install tools to build an
installer that would put the proper bits in the classic system folder
and place the programs where we want 'em? That would be slick.

marty