Re: [NTLK] Swapping ROMs?

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.int)
Date: Thu Oct 28 2004 - 00:31:07 PDT

I have done that several times, believe me.
The process of deleting the COMPLETE Flash memory area, including the
possibly installed system patches, takes place at the very beginning after
switch-on (first time after the swap)and you do not see anything on the
screen. This is scary because it takes quiet a while and you do not really
know whether your Newt is alive or not.
Finally you will (hopefully) see the welcome screen of your maiden-like Newt
where you have to enter your personal data.
I have not tried this with ROMs of the same language and/or version, but it
has been reportet that this only happens in case of a difference between the
ROM language/version.

Cheers
Johannes