Re: [NTLK] Flashcard : "VPP is low"/error 10557

From: poopoo (se6ciocco_at_libero.it)
Date: Thu Oct 28 2004 - 10:49:32 PDT

Paul

i had the same problem
a low VPP response on a lot of n.10 PCMCI=
A 20MB flash cards,
when i keep inserting the cards on my MP2100 (or my=
 eMate too)
i get rid of the #-10557 error ... :-(

I contacted the s=
eller to have a response about it,
his answer (translated from german wi=
th google) is listed below:

"Centennial technology, White Electronics =
Disign and EDI Electronics Flash MEMORY Card
designation: PO20FLA2300C=
15 - 20 MT no attribute MEMORY, with write protect after international =0D
=
PCMCIA standard used, deleted, examined the old describe were removed and=
 by neutral white
describe replaces NONE Ata flashkarten WITHOUT FILE S=
YSTEM it no driver one provides!"

if there's a chance of giving a new =
life to the cards,
hope the informations above could be of help.

Adr=
iano

> Aux environs du 28/10/04 =E0 10:53 +0200, sous le titre "[NTL=
K]
> Flashcard : "VPP is low"/error 10557", Andreas Nijenhuis prit sa p=
lus
> belle plume pour =E9crire les mots suivants:
> >
> >I bought so=
me flash cards on eBay, but on inserting them I get an 10557
> >error "F=
lashcard VPP is low" after tapping 'erase' in the slip that pops
> >up o=
n inserting a new card.

> >What is VPP? What can I do? Are these ca=
rds (EDI, Centennial, White
> >electronic design brands) useless to the =
Newton?

> It means that the card is dead.
> Sorry.
>
> VPP is Ne=
wton's 12v power supply, which the card requires.

> Paul=0A=0A=0A=0A=
L: navighi gratis a 1.2 Mega, senza canone e costi di attivazione. =0AAbb=
onati subito su http://www.libero.it =0A