[NTLK] newton 2000 connection question

From: Henry W.Gratwick (hgratwick_at_spymac.com)
Date: Thu Oct 28 2004 - 17:38:34 PDT

Hey Guys,

I'm buying a 2000 off j&K sales. I know in order to connect it to my
powerbook using the standard mac interface I'd need the serial dongle
too. I connect my 120 using a belkin serial-usb adapter, which has one
of both varieties of serial plug (Ie, one round mac one and once oblong
shaped PC one). J&K offer either the serial dongle and mac cable or
the PC cable which has the Newton Connection Port plug built into it,
with the other end plugging into the oblong shaped serial port. Seeing
as i have no connection problems with my set-up as it is now, would I
be right in thinking i could just not bother with the serial dongle and
connect it with the PC cable?

Sorry to be asking so many questions!