Re: [NTLK] Thanks for....? (WAS: Using Hiroshi's WLAN driver)

From: Vaguely Radio (vradio_at_maine.rr.com)
Date: Sat Oct 30 2004 - 18:35:41 PDT

Hey Craig -

I didn't catch your question and even if I had I'm afraid it's not my
area of expertise. This list is an amalgam of help for Newton
newcomers, lively and creative Newton-tinged banter, off topic ranting
about poutine, and an exciting category I like to call "other".

This is not directed at you specifically, but you did remind me - we'd
love to help out and I'm sure those of us that had your answer feel
like jerks for not providing it - but I am surprised at the level of
entitlement people seem to feel when they first come to the list, as if
people should immediately spring to their aid. It's its own quirky
community and you're new so it might take a while to get the "feel" of
the list down, and some of us are more accepting and nurturing than
others (this is borne of a few things; for one, NewtonTalk oldschoolers
get tired of answering the same questions ten times in as many months).
  There are a couple of places to check for information before posting
to the list if you have the time to do a little research, notably the
FAQ, the Wiki, just general "googling" for information, and the lovely
archive database that is searchable from the NewtonTalk website. Links
at the bottom of every NewtonTalk email. Sorry again you didn't get
your answer but please remember, we like to help but we can't catch
every post when there are a hundred plus every day.

That said, welcome to the list, hope we can answer any future questions
you may have.

-Dan