Re: [NTLK] Newton/Newtontalk in NYT Magazine

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Sun Oct 31 2004 - 12:17:46 PST

On Oct 31, 2004, at 3:42 AM, Alan Shaw wrote:

> Rob Walker's "Consumed" column in the Oct. 31 New York Times Magazine
> is on the Newton and its core of followers. Newtontalk gets a mention,
> too! Nothing really new in the story, but I wanted to pass it along.
> Maybe we'll get some more members.
>
> Here's the link to the story. Registration is required:
>
> http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/31/magazine/31CONSUMED.html

Great article. My favorite lines:

"Muniz has a couple of answers. On one level, ''we-ness'' is its own
reward. Moreover, he says, the Newton happens to be a great product
that was ahead of its time.

Um, what? It turns out Muniz was so intrigued by the enthusiasm of
Newton community members that he bought one. Then he bought another
one. This may or may not mean that he has drunk the Kool-Aid, but his
research continues."

:-D

--
-Jon Glass