Re: [NTLK] NCU appletalk problems (was Re: Newton and OS X)

From: Rhonda Hyslop (0x7ff00025_at_paradox.homeip.net)
Date: Sun Oct 31 2004 - 21:11:06 PST

* Rhonda Hyslop <0x7ff00025_at_paradox.homeip.net> [31 Oct 2004 19:11]:
> Woody Smith just emailed me the "File Sharing" control panel item
> (thanks Woody!) but it won't start up properly - or rather, it
> "unexpectedly quit" with the error "FileSharingLib (-2624)". I couldn't
> find that error code in the lists of mac error codes I found on the web,
> so I'm not sure what that means. Error in the library? Library missing?
> Wrong version? I did a disk search and couldn't find any files named
> 'FileSharingLib' anywhere...
>
> Anybody have a clue?

Hurrah!

ccsccs7 - whatever your real name is - thank you. There were a pair of
extensions that were needed along with the File Sharing control panel
(File Sharing Extension and File Sharing Library). I have them now, and
NCU is backing up my newt. No extra mucking about required, either - I
just set the computer's name and NCU worked.

You folks are great :-)

-Rhonda

--
 www.write-on.indy || www.write-on.org   \/  http://history.ubcengineers.ca/
  Discuss the art and craft of writing   /\   UBC Engineers History Project