Re: [NTLK] Can't Upload MP3s

From: Peter H. Coffin (hellsop_at_ninehells.com)
Date: Thu Sep 02 2004 - 09:18:48 PDT

On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 02:35:14PM +0550, hemantkamat_at_eth.net wrote:
> Hi, I'm trying to upload an instrumental MP3 (760kb, 22050Hz, 32kbps,
> mono). The package transfers successfully, but after completing the
> upload, it says "Writing Audio Soup" and freezes. How long should
> it take to write to the audio soup? I'm uploading to a 4MB (empty)
> partition on the Kodak CF card. Any suggestions?

ATA support is slow: you're dealing with an ATA card. 760kb is a LOT of
data. I know it takes a while to install a 750k package onto a linear
card, so I wouldn't consider that something was wrong until the writing
audio soup had been frozen there for five minutes, and I'd probably give
it ten before I decided to do something about it.

--
Or the "If you have the right to say whatever you want, then I have that
equal right to say that you're a worthless goat-fucker who should do the