Re: [NTLK] [OT] New iMac G5

From: James Nichols (smilr_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Sep 02 2004 - 23:35:33 PDT

Hmm - The emac and iMac g4 have the power-buttons out of view as well,
nothing new there. The original mac and many of the powermacs that
followed had rear mounted power buttons / switches. I'd prefer it to be
on the front or the keyboard, but there is precedent. I rarely turn off
my computer though - preferring to put it to sleep when necessary.

Apple keyboards have a couple of usb ports on them, so for usb devices
no problem. But whats with the 'if you need to connect something - you
have to turn on the computer??' I don't understand the question -
anything that could be connected or removed from the iMac (except the
power cord) can be done so with the machine both on and off.

On Thursday, September 2, 2004, at 10:39 PM, Andy Galluzzi wrote:

> I'm not a Mac user, so may be there are things I miss, but why do you
> thing Apple has make a PC with the power button not visible?
>
> Also, all the ports in the backside; if you need to connect your
> digital
> camera or somenthing, you have to turn on the computer?
>
> I just don't get the point.
> Andy.
> --
> inquiries