Re: [NTLK] [OT] New iMac G5

From: Peter Fraser (pjfraser_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Sep 03 2004 - 08:51:55 PDT

Better yet, teach her how to use it, and give her the guidance she
needs: to know when she can and cannot do so. Like her deadbeat
parents should have done!

Good parenting includes setting boundaries and providing information on
how to observe them. It's not hard to do, and the kids respond readily
- and surprise (!) everybody's happy.

On Sep 3, 2004, at 8:43 AM, Dan wrote:

>> I have a 3 year old niece that constantly turns on my mother-in-law's
>> iMac, as the power button is on the keyboard and on the front of the
>> iMac. She runs amok with the mouse and keyboard, making a mess all
>> over the desktop!
>
> Why not put a password system in so she could not do that? Or just
> unplug the computer, that would keep her from turning it on. And if
> she
> figgures that out put a lock on the plug or hide the power cable. ;)

-- Peter
pjfraser_at_mac.com