Re: [NTLK] 3COM 3CCE589ET PLEASE HELP

From: Woody Smith (woody_at_bitstream.net)
Date: Sun Sep 05 2004 - 20:56:25 PDT

I don't know anything about this card specifically but I thought that
all of the 589 cards would work. From one of your previous posts it
sounds like you could use it to connect to the Newt from OS X.
If the Newton identifies the card when you insert it you have the
necessary drivers installed.
Did you set the prefs in NCU to look for the Newton on Appletalk?
Did you set the card to use appletalk?
I used the drivers on Ed's page <http://newton.tek-ed.com/> and had no
trouble with the 3Com 3CXE589ET xjack card.
If all else fails I can still get these cards for $10 USD and will ship
to any one for cost of postage. Postage is about $1 in US, a little
more to Canada and about $2 to Europe.

Woody