Re: [NTLK] Recommend PCI wifi card that handles appletalk?

From: Peter H. Coffin (hellsop_at_ninehells.com)
Date: Mon Sep 06 2004 - 15:34:44 PDT

On Mon, Sep 06, 2004 at 02:03:13PM -0500, Bill Moser wrote:
> Hi,
> >What kind of computer are you intending to use it in?
>
> An eMachines T2824, Windows XP SP1. Mac OS 8.1 running on Basilisk II.
>
> >PS I think this is more about the driver then the hardware.
>
> Thanks, I'll look for an alternate driver. Any recommendations on that?

No D-link product aside from their little "RJ-45 to Parallel Port" print
servers specifically support Appletalk. None of D-link's products that
require drivers (such as Windows wireless cards) support Appletalk *at
all* (and is specifically excluded from support on D-link's support
site). The wireless products that do not require drivers (such as access
points and DSL routers, etc) may or may not handle Appletalk, support is
not provided if Appletalk is a requirement, and may come and go, model
to model, chipset to chipset, even firmware to firmware release.

In short, D-link products are not recommendable for Appletalk
applications.

--
65. If I must have computer systems with publically available terminals, the
    maps they display of my complex will have a room clearly marked as the Main