Re: [NTLK] Another Compatible WiFi Card COMPAQ WL110

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Sep 07 2004 - 18:23:43 PDT

Hi,

Just wanted to make sure this was posted here.
I have tested a COMPAQ WL110 on my MP2000 & MP2100. IT WORKS!
All it needed was the MoreWiFi.pkg installed to recognize the card.

A HUGE THANKS to PAUL for ALL his hard work!

At Paul's site I see it listed as:

Compaq WL100 Prism-II auto No Works (Victor Rehorst)
Compaq WL110 Prism-II auto No Unknown
Compaq WL200 Prism-II auto No Unknown
Compaq WL200 Prism-II auto Yes Unknown
(might be wrong)

I decided to peruse the link Paul listed where they list the FreeBSD
drivers for WiFi PCMCIA Cards that MoreWiFi is based on. (hopefully
this statement is accurate)

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=wi&sektion=4

Compaq WL100 Prism-II PCMCIA
Compaq WL110 Hermes PCMCIA
Compaq WL200 Prism-II PCMCIA

Hey Paul there might be a typo - we understand you are over worked and
underpaid!

--
Sonny Hung
the Hung Family