Re: [NTLK] cannot use .local address in Newt's Cape

From: Thomas A Isenbarger (isen_at_plantpath.wisc.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 08 2004 - 07:12:39 PDT

On Sep 8, 2004, at 5:47 AM, Steve Weyer wrote:

> hi Thomas,
>
> If nothing's changed on your Newton (i.e.., NIE setup for DNS servers)
> and you can connect to your laptop with direct IP address (can you
> connect to other named sites?), then one possibility is a corrupt DNS
> cache. Under Extras > Storage, select Internet DNS Cache, then Delete.

thanks. i will try this when i get home. i can connect to other named
sites on the internet, but have problem connecting to .local machines
on my LAN. i wondered if it was some problem with rendezvous somewhere
on the network or wireless access point. i have the newton set to use
DHCP. is there a way to set up a DNS on my LAN?

thanks,
tom isenbarger