Re: [NTLK] Recent Observations - Palm OS and Newton OS

From: Mike Detlefsen (mdetlefsen_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Sep 09 2004 - 16:13:11 PDT

On Thursday, September 9, 2004, at 02:44 PM, Robert Benschop wrote:

> Considering the fact that the interface of Names is probably the worst
> part of a Newton I don't know if that's a compliment.
> Did you ever try Address Access on your Newton?

You really think so? I was referring to having the tabs for the initial
letters at the top of the screen, and also to having tabs for
categories. The default Palm app doesn't do this, and I like the Newt
way better, with the possible exception of having to select each thing
I want to add from a pull-up window.

Yeah, I've tried Address Access, but it seemed to take a simple
interface and complicate it. But it's been a while since I looked at
it, so I may very well be not remembering correctly. Also, the Names
app is probably the thing I use least on the Newt, particularly since I
was involuntarily retired a while ago. :-)

Mike