Re: [NTLK] WWNC & Einstein

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_telebyte.nl)
Date: Sat Sep 11 2004 - 05:32:59 PDT

On 11-sep-04, at 5:17, Paul Guyot wrote:
> Basically a subset of the question might be:
> - should we work on JIT emulation and run on any PDA with any
> processor?
> or
> - should we work on porting Einstein for natice code execution on
> ARM-based PDAs?
> or
> - should we work on porting Einstein for native code execution on top
> of an open source POSIX-compliant operating system (like NetBSD or
> Linux)?

Maybe you could elaborate on what are the pros and cons in your
opinion(s) of the three options above?
I have the feeling that that might be very beneficial to the ensuing
discussion.

BTW, I wrote opinion(s) because this could be your (Paul's) opinion,
Nicolas' opinion, or both, in case they're the same.

Robert Benschop