Re: [NTLK] Lotus Organizer and the Newt

From: Mike Detlefsen (mdetlefsen_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Sep 11 2004 - 10:02:57 PDT

Hi, Dan-

I've played with the buffer settings over the last week, it does better
at low settings, but not dramatically better. I've been using turbo.exe
to slow things down, as it lets you set the performance in 1%
increments from 100% down to 1%. I seem to get the best results at 18%
to 20%. Going slower than that makes things marginally worse. I've also
tried slowdown.exe, but only one instance and you’re right, it probably
needs more than one to do the job. Next time I play with syncing I'll
try more than one.

I'm using an XP Athlon 2800 based machine for this. Back last year when
I had a 900mHz win2K machine, things worked almost perfectly every time
(same motherboard, still had to slow the CPU down to about 50%).

Mike