Re: [NTLK] Battery pack

From: Frank Gruendel (newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Sun Sep 12 2004 - 04:06:12 PDT

> I've noticed some high capacity batteries on ebay by
> knowledgenavigator or something like that...has anyone had any
> experience using these batteries?
> They look very similar to the standard battery pack that i have so i
> am guessing the seller just takes apart an existing pack, puts in new
> batteries and then seals the whole bundle back up for sale.

You are right. Knowledgenavigator is Ferdi Ozguner. He takes the
batteries apart and rebuilds them with (I think) 2300 mAh cells.
Considering that Apple's original cells were 1200 mAh, you can
expect almost twice the performance of an original pack when it
was new. I don't know how much Ferdi sells these packs for these days,
but last time I looked I found the price a bit steep. Still, if
you DO buy such a pack, I am quite sure it won't disappoint you.

Be aware that you can rebuild packs yourself for very little
money, have a look here: http://www.pda-soft.de/mp2k_battery_pack.html
If you search the archive (www.newtontalk.net), you will also
come across one or two people in different parts of the world who
rebuild batteries as a service.

Frank

-- Newton Software and Hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de