Re: [NTLK] Future Newton directions (very long)

From: Joel M. Sciamma (joel_at_inventors-emporium.co.uk)
Date: Mon Sep 13 2004 - 09:02:12 PDT

Jim,

> But there are some things that I'd like on a Newton imported from the
> desktop - a bigger "titlebar" for dragging windows instead of that
> little innsy-beensy spot for dragging.. The resizable window concept
> that Apple put forth in OS2.1 (with the double border, and corner
> "handles") is good.

Much better and simpler than these widgets is what can be done already with
some Newton packages and this to make the view draggable by any region that
is not an active UI device.

This gives a huge target area in most cases and space required by these
widgets can be reclaimed or the view reduced in size.

What we need is something between the scroll arrows and the proportional
scroll bars in Works that is better than either.

Joel.