Re: [NTLK] Einstein Competition?

From: Jim Witte (jswitte_at_bloomington.in.us)
Date: Mon Sep 13 2004 - 11:37:18 PDT

> I wonder if this could be used along the lines of Einstein to emulate
> the Newton OS on other hardware?

   Paul would know better than I. I doubt it without at least as much
work as he's done. From a cursory scan of the article, it sounded like
it was a new (radically new, it sounded like) way to interpret other
processor opcodes on a target processor. But the Newton also has it's
MMU, which might or might not be able to be emulated. But anyway, why?
  We already have one emulator (in the works). We don't need another,
and we don't particularly want another. As for a 'competition', NO!

Jim