Re: [NTLK] "Update" feature on newtons

From: Jeremy Wood (jer_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Sep 14 2004 - 00:22:41 PDT

Might it be possible to setup a boot strapper somewhere, that people
could dial into? It would be long distance call, but ethernet or
wireless drivers shouldn't take too long to download.

Few people have a modem in their newton, and if they've got the right
kind of modem they probably have the right serial cables and stuff
anyway.

I think a giant satellite that would beam down IrDA signals 24/7 with
the complete UNNA.org catalog available is the obvious solution.

I'll setup a paypal account to get the ball rolling on that one.

Jer