Re: [NTLK] MUST have a router for communication?

From: Matthew Reidsma (lists_at_reidsrow.com)
Date: Tue Sep 14 2004 - 11:19:17 PDT

Round about the afternoon of 9/14/04 10:29 AM, Fred Bauman
(emailfred_at_comcast.net) yammered thusly:

>I used that INVALUABLE site to help find and install drivers, and I
>created a Generic setup using just those steps.
>However, the farthest I get is that occasionally the card will see my
>computer when I choose "Connect to: other computer", but when I
>connect, it tries for a while but then says that it cannot find the
>computer on the network.

And you are sure that your Mac OS computer has Appletalk turned on for
Ethernet, and that NCU is running when you are trying to connect? (NCU is
what the Newton looks for, not the computer.)

Also, I found my article: Here is the URL:

http://thegreenedge.weblogger.com/stories/storyReader$19

If that doesn't work, look near the bottom of the "Editorial for Issue
#1" That's where it was hiding out.

Matthew Reidsma
Boston, MA U.S.A.
http://reidsrow.com