Re: [NTLK] MUST have a router for communication?

From: Alex Santos 100MB Neostrada Mail (izabella.misiewiczsantos_at_neostrada.pl)
Date: Tue Sep 14 2004 - 15:45:40 PDT

> Alex, then do you connect to the DSL modem via a USB port?

Yes I do

> You may
> find that things are simpler if you use an Ethernet connection
> instead.

I realize that but my service provider forced this modem upon me.

> As a rule, I recommend that Mac users stick to Ethernet devices when
> getting broadband connections. It uses the connection the way it is
> designed, and requires no drivers. Also, many older DSL modem USB
> drivers and some current ones weren't written particularly well,
> causing problems with OS X.

I agree. Although I had MANY problems with my internet configuration at
first, especially since OSX was new to me it is now less of a problem.

Unfortunately, I can not just get an ethernet modem for reasons I
stated earlier much less get proper macintosh support, hey, we are
dealing with TPSA probably the worst telecom I have had the displeasure
of dealing with. I hope their Polish monopoly will soon crumble. I am
considering an alternative to this ISP.

Alex