[NTLK] New eMate with Ethernet and Newtendo Problems

From: Kirk Zathey (zathey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Sep 15 2004 - 05:12:17 PDT

Hi Everyone,

I got a new eMate 300 back in March of this year, I think it is still
using its original batteries, and it is working great, I use it
everyday. It is my first and for now my only newton device. It has
worked great, except now that I am installing packages I have had a
few errors. First, and probably most important is Ethernet. I decided
to use the Atlan multi-driver from
http://www.ff.iij4u.or.jp/~ngc/eng/newted0e.htm. I have NIE, Ethernet
Module, and Newton Devices. Everything works great until I plug in my
D-Link 650 Card (which I bought specifically for the newton) and then
it gives me "There is a problem with this card. (This memory card
could not be formatted. (This memory card is write protected.))". I
get this same error if I install everything but not even the Atlan
driver and plug in the card. The newton gives me no activation error
for the package so it should load fine. The card has been tested with
a laptop computer and it works. Now, the little problem I've had with
Newtendo. Whenever I run a game, I hear no sound and the video it all
messed up. Is Newtendo compatible with the eMate? Or, is this just a
rom it doesn't like (I've tried a few roms, which i converted using
the tools on UNNA)?

Thanks,
Kirk Zathey