[NTLK] Custom Sled for MP2x00

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Sep 15 2004 - 13:17:55 PDT

Hi,

I just received a custom sled, 'one off', for my MP2x00 that I
requested to be fabricated.
(Please don't ask for one as this was a 'one off' custom fabricated by
the Physics Dept at the University where I work)

It's just a sled that you lock your MP2x00 into. (it is secured at the
three indentations; two on top at either side of the Port door and one
a the bottom of the MP2x00) If anyone attempts to detach your MP2x00
without unlocking it your MP2x00's case and who know what else would
be damaged or destroyed. (Special three pin security head on the lock
screw needs the custon three pin key to unlock MP2x00) Also there is a
lock down security hole just to the right of the Battery Release. This
also can double as a stylus holder when the MP2x00 is orientated with
the PCMCIA Slots Up.

It allows access to the Stylus, Ports, IR, PCMCIA Slots and the Battery.

Later add-ons:
-A base to allow the MP2x00 to be displayed at your desk, held at a
range of viewing angles and solidly enough to write on.
-A docking plug eventually will be fabricated so as to attach to the plate.

This sled has a screw hole threaded that accepts standard camera
tripods centered in the middle.

I'm going to submit photos of it to Newtons Around The World.

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung