Re: [NTLK] OT: The Logic of Evil

From: Brett Hutley (brett_at_hutley.net)
Date: Wed Sep 15 2004 - 23:25:05 PDT

On Thu, Sep 16, 2004 at 07:29:49AM +0200, Jon Glass wrote:
> On Sep 16, 2004, at 2:45 AM, Brett Hutley wrote:
>
> > The problem is actually accepting
> > the existence of the absolutes "good" and "evil" (and that's where
> > the professor went wrong). I think there are actions that are "good"
> > within a particular moral framework or culture, and those that aren't -
> > this is "Ethical Relativism" in philosophy.
>
> So, do I understand you to be saying that if we, as a Newton community
> decided that your existence was not good for our particular culture,
> then it would perfectly moral to exterminate you? Hm. Interesting
> ramifications...
> --
> -Jon Glass
> Krakow, Poland
> <jonglass_at_usa.net>

*Sigh*

Sorry, my bad. I should have known better than to attempt a serious
discussion about this issue. Please resume normal scheduling. I'm happy
to discuss this off-list with anyone, but I seriously doubt there is
anything to be gained.

(Oh, and in answer to your question; Yes of course that's the case. I
believe in many states of the US they have the death penalty. What is
this but group consensus of a society to exterminate someone?)

--
Brett Hutley [MAppFin,CISSP,SANS GCIH]
mailto:brett_at_hutley.net