Re: [NTLK] Keyboard is not recognized anymore :-(

From: Henning Theune (thatred_at_compuserve.de)
Date: Thu Sep 16 2004 - 06:42:24 PDT

Hallo Johannes,

> The most probable reason is that something is wrong with the keyboard
> cable.

Ok, I unscrewed the keyboard, removed the cable and tested every contact
with a digi-multimeter. The cable is okay, as far as I can say. No
broken wire inside the cable...

> It is very unlikely that you damaged the keyboard controller if you >
> really
> plugged and unplugged it to the Newt only.

I used the keyboard only with the 2100.

> The normal procedure is that you plug in the dongle with the keyboard
> attached.
> You can even do hot plugging.
> As soon as the dongle is plugged the Newt will initialize the serial
> interface and find out what is connected.

This worked everyday, but since yesterday no working keyboard:-(

> This does not work with the SER-001, beause there is no contact
> foreseen for that function. Therefore you need to switch on the Newt
> with the keyboard plugged to the SER-001 in order to get it
> recognised, because the Newt will perform the intit of the serial
> interface after switching on as well.

I know, same as with the dongle...:-(

> If you are not familiar with electronic hardware you can ask Frank
> Gruendel(DE) or contact me offline to get some hardware help.

Okay, I will contact you offline. Do you have other suggestions?

> Regards,
> Johannes

Thanks,
Henning