Re: [NTLK] new Newton 120 user with newbie questions

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Thu Sep 16 2004 - 23:09:37 PDT

On Sep 16, 2004, at 11:43 PM, Boris Herman wrote:

> I presume that, when using a Din8 serial cable I am able to print on
> certain printers. I have a HP LaserJet 4v printer that has a localtalk
> port

OK, I was wrong. :-)

You can use this HP printer with the Newton just fine! They use
LocalTalk to communicate. Apple was creative enough years ago so that
the serial port can route plain serial as well as LocalTalk. Simply
plug your serial cord between your Newton and HP printer, choose
"Network Printer" from the pick list, see the printer, choose it, close
the window, and print. It should work fine.

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland