Re: [NTLK] Newton and WWNC mentioned in German TV

From: Oliver Brose (oliver.brose_at_t-online.de)
Date: Fri Sep 17 2004 - 01:16:19 PDT

>From: Robert Benschop <rbenschop_at_telebyte.nl>
>Subject: Re: [NTLK] Newton and WWNC mentioned in German TV
>Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 21:05:21 +0200
>
>On 16-sep-04, at 19:03, John Ruschmeyer wrote:
>> Also, what's with the 1x0 series Newt with the add-on to drive the
>> overhead display? (That is what that is, right?)
>
>It's actually a device (video out, I presume) that was used by Apple to
>demonstrate for the press through overhead projection.

BTW, if you cannot or do not want to afford a beamer, such a "pass-through" display is still a great solution for presenting to a smaller audience. A friend of mine got one off eBay for cheap, and I got to use it for a course presentation about Steve Jobs a while ago, and what a blazing success it was! It also felt very good to know that I was *not* responsible for a $1000+ beamer.

Oliver :)

--
Twenty years ago we worried about a nuclear strike by the Russians, now we worry about a nuclear strike by a General Protection Fault or a Blue Screen of Death. We've come a long way, baby. / AsTheAppleTurns on http://makeashorterlink.com/?G28812E39 / Honey, do we still have the keys to the fallout shelter?