Re: [NTLK] New eMate with Ethernet and Newtendo Problems

From: Kirk Zathey (zathey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Sep 17 2004 - 09:53:04 PDT

Thanks for the suggestions but I don't think they are the problem. I
never used any memory cards in the eMate and all data was erased from
the previous owner. The ethernet card is a D-Link DE-650, on the side
of the box there are two squares, one that says DE-650C and one that
says DE-650T. Mine has the DE-650T square filled in but it says the
only difference is the cconnector that comes with it, one for UTP
media coupler (mine) and one for thin coax media coupler (BNC), and it
does not say anywhere on the card T or C because that is only the
connector. I do not see any copper strip near the connector, the only
metal strip I see is the silver-colored metal near the part of the
card you plug your adaptor into (my newton-compatible Megahertz 14.4K
modem has the same thing except it is gold-colored). The front of the
card says "PCMCIA D-Link EthernetCard" and back says "D-Link PCMCIA
Ethernet card Model No : DE-650 Certified to comply with the limits
for a class A computing device pursuant to Subpart B of part 15 of FCC
rules. Caution Do not drop, bend or crush. Avoid heat and direct
sunlight. Keep awat from moisture. Keep connectors clean. Patent
pending Made in Taiwan 0080C8 803ED4 [Barcode] *EIA3015334*. I do not
see anywhere the revision letter or +. I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Kirk Zathey