Re: [NTLK] Newton and a airport 802,11b pc card

From: Alasdair Dunlap-Smith (varistor_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Sep 19 2004 - 06:58:41 PDT

On Sep 19, 2004, at 7:50 AM, keith wrote:

>> THANKS !!
>>
>> My first airport station his dead. I gonna open it to take the card !
>
> That's an excellent idea. (As long as it isn't the card that's dead!)
>
> I have an original AirPort Base Station that's dead, and I *think* it
> isn't the card that's at fault. Maybe I'll have more luck with that
> WaveLAN card than the card I've been trying!

The original (graphite) AirPort base stations had problems with
less-than-good quality capacitors, which tended to leak electrolyte
and lead to the eventual failure of the unit. In my case, this was
noticeable
in the form of long startup times with flashing red lights (I think
they were
flashing) and an eventual refusal to start up at all. Replacing the
offending
capacitors should fix the problem.

Cheers