Re: [NTLK] Newton Spanish text recognition.

From: Laurent Daudelin (Laurent_Daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Tue Sep 21 2004 - 06:44:17 PDT

On 21/09/04 08:54, "Xabier Vázquez" <mail_at_xa.bi> wrote:

> Hi there:
>
> I'm going to buy a newton MP 2100 and I have a question about it. I
> would like to write texts in Spanish. Does the newton have any problem
> with this? Will it recognize it well? Is there any Spanish
> dictionary/software/anything to get the same recognition accuracy as if
> I was typing in English? Can anyone share this kind of experiences with me.

If you use the printing recognizer (not cursive), than you will be able to
write any word in Spanish and the recognizer will, I'm sure, do a good job.
You can even use accented characters. I'm writing in French all the time and
it's really good. No luck with the cursive recognizer, though...

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin                 Developer, Multifamily, ESO, Fannie Mae
mailto:Laurent_Daudelin_at_fanniemae.com                Washington, DC, USA