Re: [NTLK] Newton Spanish text recognition.

From: Roman Pixell (roman_at_pixell.net)
Date: Tue Sep 21 2004 - 15:31:21 PDT

On Sep 22, 2004, at 12:14 AM, Larry Yaeger wrote:

> a language
> that has a substantial word-list, such as English
> (or French or German on special models).

there is an official swedish word-list from apple as well, i happen to
use it :)
http://www.pixell.net/downloads/newton/Svensk_ordlista_Newton.sit

the swedish dictionary is not the best one dough, which, combined with
the fact that the NOS lacks the possibility to turn off the english
dictionary makes it work ... hmm ... not as good as the english one.

if the newton would be ported, i see the alt.rec features paired with
the optimisations larry suggested during WWNC as an important part of
getting it right. the newton HWR engine could be refined a lot more
from where we stand, especially if you think international...

/ ®