Re: [NTLK] Newton Spanish text recognition.

From: Jim Witte (jswitte_at_bloomington.in.us)
Date: Wed Sep 22 2004 - 09:53:07 PDT

>> I'm going to buy a newton MP 2100 and I have a question about it. I
>> would like to write texts in Spanish. Does the newton have any problem
>> with this? Will it recognize it well? Is there any Spanish
>> dictionary/software/anything to get the same recognition accuracy as
>> if
>> I was typing in English? Can anyone share this kind of experiences
>> with me.
> (Paul G. a écrit:)
> I have built quite a large amount of dictionaries, but I prefer no
> longer
> doing so because it's a lengthy process blocking both a Mac and a
> Newton

   I can look into it if you can get me a Spanish word list. I've never
worked with the dictionary bowels note specifically, but I am familiar
with the C++ environment.

> PS: Sorry for my damn English.

   Heh. You're English is much better than one, umm, hard-to-deal-with
customer I had recently for my "little Print Pack business" (and may
not have finished with yet.. I will NEVER ship DHL again - or if I do,
I'll do it with a $20 handling fee attached.. <grr...>) And (not to
start a linguistic flame war or anything), the English actually looks
better than some of the English I've heard (and seen) from US
speakers..

Jim