Re: [NTLK] [OT] Apple G4 500 MHz 15'' Titanium PowerBook - fair price?

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Wed Sep 22 2004 - 13:08:23 PDT

>Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 09:43:47 -0400
>From: Victor Rehorst <victor_at_newtontalk.net>
>Subject: Re: [NTLK] [OT] Apple G4 500 MHz 15'' Titanium PowerBook - fair
>price?
>
>DJ Vollkasko wrote:
> > Dear all,
> >
> > I've been offered above mentioned 2001 Apple PowerBook (MacOS 9.x, OS X,
> > large Display, 512 MB RAM, 20 GB HD, USB 1, Firewire, only 1 PC-Card Slot,
> > IrDa, cool looks...) under very interesting conditions (fitting my
> economic
> > situation - and that of the seller) and I'm hoping for some support in my
> > decision whether to buy or not. So here some OT-questions, perhaps you can
> > generously lighten my tremendous ignorance:
>
>Why not look at Low End Mac or their boards? Probably a lot more information
>and a lot less off-topic:
>
>http://www.lowendmac.com/
>http://www.lowendmac.com/pb2/pbg4.html

Been there, done that, loads of interesting links, leading to fascinating
404 pages.

And, well, I had marked it OT from the beginning, and as there are nearly
more Mac-nuts that Newton-maniacs on this list ;=} , I reckoned trespassers
might not be shot at right away.

Anyhow, thanks to all for the kind advice and comments on and off board,
I'll take a good look at the PowerBook with a checklist in hand, but I
think I'll buy it.

Cordially yours,

DJV.