Re: [NTLK] Newton Killer - OS X? - Longish

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Thu Sep 23 2004 - 08:58:08 PDT

On Sep 23, 2004, at 4:41 AM, David Deranian wrote:

> I'd like hear
> if any of you have been having similar thoughts and how many of you use
> your Newton as your main computer or main portable computer?

In 2000, I bought a Pismo, wondering if it would replace my Newton. I
quickly learned that , for what I did/do, the Newton is much more
suited. While I do take my Powerbook everywhere, and love its
convenience, I often need my Newton while in churches, in restaurants,
in meetings, both with tables and without, in rest areas, along the
highway, in cars, waiting rooms, airports, trains, train stations....
all places where it would often be awkward to try to use a Powerbook.
The Newton's instant-on and off, and the instant access to all its
data, as well as its handheld, while standing in a store, etc. feature
make it essential in a way a laptop could never be. And to be honest,
my experience with other handhelds leaves me thinking that the Newton
is still light years ahead as a jotting tool while, for instance,
standing in a hardware store, or measuring things on the fly. No, I
need my laptop, but I need my Newton as well. :-)

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland