[NTLK] I just bought 20 eMates!

From: ParrotHeaven_at_aol.com
Date: Thu Sep 23 2004 - 21:16:38 PDT

Hello,

I'm new to the list...

About 2 months ago our local school district was having a computer sale and I
went to pick up some PM 5400 & 5500's to help set up some people who wanted
an easy computer to use for web serving and email. At $25 for an "all in one"
computer with a keyboard and new mouse, they were a great deal!

I noticed they had a box of "green laptops" off to one side and asked if I
could take a look at them. I was pleasantly surprised to see they were eMates.
They told me that the eMates were not working and they were just waiting for
trash day. I offered to buy them on the spot and they were more than happy sell
them to me. Then they asked if I would be interested in some working models.
Long story short... I left with 9 working and 14 non-working eMates :-)
I was able to get 5 more working after a bit of tweaking and Members of my
local MacGroup (Detroit) were quite happy to get their hands on the working
ones.

Last week I checked back with the school district and got another 20 eMates
(10 working and 10 non-working). If anyone needs a parts machine or a working
model, please drop me a line. Please forgive me if this sounds like an Ad.

My family has been very happy with their "new" eMates and we are looking
forward to going wireless with them very soon. I hope that after I get new
batteries and maybe some of those 4 meg RAM cards for everyone they will be even more
useful. I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can about Newtons as
possible.

Dave McGuire
Orion, Michigan USA