[NTLK] OS X serial data connection...

From: Indigo Kelleigh (indigo_at_circleweave.com)
Date: Sat Sep 25 2004 - 01:29:23 PDT

Okay, I'm using NewTen to install packages over a serial connection, and NCU
to connect with Appletalk over ethernet.

The problem I'm running into is that I want to do a data (not packages)
transfer over the serial connection. I'm using an eMate so I only have one
card slot. I could use NCU, but because I'd need to use the card slot for my
ethernet/appletalk connection, I'd have to save the data to internal
storage, which is precious indeed, and still might not be enough space. So,
I'd like to keep my external storage card in the slot and transfer the data
over serial, but it doesn't appear that there are any utilities that allow
this.

If anyone knows of one, I'd greatly appreciate hearing about it!

-indy

Indigo Kelleigh
Illustrator-at-Large
503.233.9922