Re: [NTLK] ATA support and partitioning cards?

From: LAG (lagoff11_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Sep 26 2004 - 12:08:57 PDT

SORRY FOR the late reply, but i have to disagree with you. it is different for everyone as to what size card they need/want. i have in my newton a 20mb and a 32mb card. i have 3.1 and 8.5 free respectfully. i have made alot of backdrops for my newton and i like them to be randomly selected whenever i turn my newt on, so will i have more backdrops on my newt than the average person, prolly. but i also have a large library of books and a large gameroom section. so to you it may seem over kill to have 52 mb of space available on your newt but to others such as me it is quite normal and allows me to save just about anything i want to save. i keep many of my avibd frozen as well as many of my games and books. but at any time i want i can delete or unfreeze any of them. so in regards as to what is too much or too little that goes into the category of personal preference. now whether or not ata and heap will alow it is another story.

hth,

LAG
fu <fu_at_newted.com> wrote:

a 32MB card (weather linear or ATA) is the most you'll ever need for
storing programs, emails, web-pages and backups.

i'm using both linear & paul's ATA on a 32MB CF broken down to 4x8MB
partitions, and I really never needed more than that.