Re: [NTLK] Newton Dock - internal modem

From: LAG (lagoff11_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Sep 28 2004 - 11:31:52 PDT

WELL IF you can create it it would be a value tool to have and use. is it possible to instead of the modem capability could it have the internet capability? that would be faster and more up to date technologically speaking. but if it is only possible to do the modem then a modem it will be.
Adriano <se6ciocco_at_libero.it> wrote:Newtontalkers'

i am making a dock/base for the MP2100.

At the moment my dock can provide the connections listed below:
- n.2 serial
(1 male 8-Din connector for the Newtway/Keyboard and a Female Mac serial one)
- n.1 Audio Out
- n.1 Audio Input
- n.1 secondary AC line for recharging

I want to add a modem port.
My idea is to add a laptop internal modem
to the Dock-base circuitry, connected directly to the MP2100 Ser3 line.

Do you think that type of modem could be functional under the Newton OS?

Apple wanted to make an internal modem for the MPs, have you got some specs about it?

The (Newton)Watson got a Kortex modem in its base.
i found a couple of French sellers on eBay which are listing Kortex items
but they will not sell to me their external modems.

Could you help me to find a way onto this?