[NTLK] [DEV] Soup or No Soup? - that is the question!

From: Matthew Hudson (mhudson_at_cox.net)
Date: Tue Sep 28 2004 - 16:58:22 PDT

I've played around with several things out there trying to figure out
how they store information and recover it when the app is restarted. It
seems they don't use a Soup. Are they storing this information on the
heap (not nilling it out when the user closes the app)? Or - if you
predefine an array in a slot does the Newton automatically store that
information within the package itself (temporarily using the heap). This
is a head scratcher for me. I'm currently using a soup and it seems to
be painfully slow - any ideas?

-Matt