Re: [NTLK] NewtonOS on Palm

From: Seb Payne (spayne_at_sebpayne.com)
Date: Thu Sep 30 2004 - 13:31:42 PDT

The only problem I can see with Table PCs is the size factor. The
current (or is that old?) Newton hardware is big! That is a problem or
a attracting depending on your Point of View.

XScale and ARM CPUs are more power efficient plus the XScale is a
descendant of the StrongARM used the Newton MessagePads.

Also, with a Tablel PC, you could use PearPC and have OS X anyway!!!

Seb

On 30 Sep 2004, at 21:20, Raj Patel wrote:

> It seems ARM and Intels Xscale processors seem to be the way PDA
> vendors is moving . . .
>
> Then again perhaps the tablet PC is a better target (Intels x86 and
> Transmetas chips) ?
>
> I'm unsure what peoples thoughts are on a potential target platform
> for a Newton type device ?
>
> I guess if it has a sufficient level of abstraction from the hardware
> it could be possible to run anywhere.
>
> Raj.
> --
> inquiries