Re: [NTLK] NewtBee Comm Update v.1.1.2

From: JP (spacebar0_at_fastmail.fm)
Date: Sun Apr 03 2005 - 07:20:40 PDT

Hi folks;

hmm...Seems that the concensus on what I can expect to receive (NMP
2000) is a machine w/1mb RAM and smaller heap; the RAM can be augmented
via CF. This is confirmed upgradable. Yes? The heap doesn't seem to be.
Am catching up a bit; so, is does this impinge on multi-tasking and/or
the size of files open? Or both? Should I expect NOS 2.0 or 2.1? I think
if it were 2.0 that I can download the 2.1 update; Yes?

And of course, this all relates to connectivity. I should mention that
if I (and pardon my ignorance here) KNEW the 'infamous serial/dongle
combo' allowed direct printing to ImageWriter II, I would get both the
printer and conncetor. I miss that printer!
Anyway, for now the point is moot. Will hope that I can later add RAM in
one slot and not have issues w/ethernet card in other slot.

The NMP 2100 standard ship config is 5mb RAM w/max heap. Is that right?

Browsing the various FAQs without a machine in hand is kinda like
reading about icecream ;)

For now, I have the IR 'Newtoy'. The page indates it worked on a PB
Wallstreet running OS 9.2.2. I have Wallstreet partitioned as Jauguar
disk and Classic disk.

When my little green friend arrives, I'll boot to OS 9.2.2 side and run
the IR and hope for positive results.

"Everything <IS> deeply intertwingled." (thank you Ted Nelson)

Thanks
Later,

Jack

--