Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V5 #171 keyboards

From: Clare Shepherd (clareshepherd37_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Apr 04 2005 - 05:14:57 PDT

Bob,
It's true that traditionally bassoonists were men, but if you look at modern
orchestras many bassoonists are women. However, it is true to say that
bassoonists usually switch to the instrument after childhood since adult
size hands are required. I have hands in proportion to my height, larger
than the average woman, smaller than the average man. Hence no problems
either with keyboards or bassoons. There is a mini-bassoon for children.
I recently acquired a Newton keyboard, and am finding it useful, at home,
for longer notes etc. But for note taking at lectures I find HWR fine. As
for your novel, what's it about? Have you had anything published before. I'd
love to read something by a Newtoneer.
Clare